Doornrivier Safaris is located in the malaria free Eastern Cape province of South Africa. Base camp and all field vehicles are equipped with a general first aid kit. We urge our clients to bring along any prescription medication that they might need during their safari. If your hunting boots are not well worn in, bring a couple of plasters so that blisters do not hinder your hunting experience. While Doornriver Safaris takes the utmost care to ensure the safety of our hunting clients and their belongings, we take no responsibility for any loss, injury, accident, mishap, illness, disability or death before, during or after the safari period. All clients will be required to sign an indemnity agreement prior to the commencement of their safari. Doornrivier Safaris and any personnel associated directly or indirectly with the company are not liable under any circumstances for misfortunes or claims which may occur during the course of a hunting safari. We recommend clients take out baggage, travel, trip cancellation and medical evacuation insurance before they travel.
Recommended travel insurance companies:
- Evacuation and Rescue services from your point of injury or illness to your hospital of choice.
- Trip cancellation / interruption, primary medical expense coverage, sporting goods, baggage loss, emergency dental, AD&D and more – tailored for adventurers.
- Search services.
- Completely integrated program with a single contact for emergency services to travel assistance and insurance claims.
- 24/7 access to paramedics, nurses and military veterans.
- Security extraction in case of unexpected dangerous and chaotic events.
- 24hr medical advisory services from critical care paramedics and in-house physicians.
- Specialists at Johns Hopkins Medicine available in real-time.
- Field Rescue from the point of illness or injury.
- Evacuation back to the member’s home hospital of choice.
- Global network of medical Centers Of Excellence.
- Paramedics deployed to the member’s bedside.
- Evacuation services provided to $500,000.
- Available upgrade to include extraction in security emergencies